Behind the name of the word, GOD.

What attribute of God do I show by my life to be most important? This question really got me thinking of. So I got my bible and sat down on my personal computer and typed out the alphabet.

I tried to come up with a characteristic of God that begins with each letter of the alphabet, and a scripture
bible verses
that represents with it. This was a good exercise and it has turned into a profound act of christian worship.

Here are some of the words I got that characterize God whom I love and served.
  • A - Almighty - Genesis 17:1; Psalm 89:8
  • B - Beginning - Revelation 22:13
  • C - Counselor - Isaiah 9:6
  • D - Deliverer - Psalm 18:2
  • E - Eternal - Jeremiah 10:10
  • F- Father - John 30:10
  • G- Gracious - Exodus 34:6
  • H- Holy - 1 Peter 1:15-16
  • I - Immortal - 1 Timothy 1:17
  • J - Just - 1 John 1:9; Revelation 15:3
  • K - King - 1 Timothy 6:15
  • L - Loving - Psalm 25:10
  • M - Maker - Ecclesiastes 11: 5
  • N - Never- failing - Lamentations 3:22
  • O - Omega - Revelation 1:8
  • P - Powerful - Jeremiah 32:17
  • R - Righteous - 1 John 2:1
  • S - Saviour - 1 Timothy 4:10
  • T - Trustworthy - 2 Samuel 7:28
  • V - eVerlasting - Isaiah 40:28
  • W - Worthy - Chronicles 16:25
Try this exercise:
Find a verse to support each word. And when you look over your list, thank God for those characteristics.

Next time, put a twist on it. Write out the alphabet again, only this time use words for the way God sees you.

What if you don't know God in those ways or don't know how He sees you? Let me encourage you to look for Him! The word of God says that if we seek Him, we'll find Him ( 1 Chronicles 28:9; 2 Chronicles 15:2; Proverbs 8:17; Jeremiah 29:13).

It's not as easy as ABC, but in time you will learn to know God's characteristics through His Word.

No comments: